Wednesday, April 25, 2012

L♥DK (review by nekochan)

nekoRATING : 3/5

If you're fond of complicated relationships and is patient, then you can handle this kind of manga. There are lots of teasing parts that can make you excited and/or annoyed. If you're a Love martyr, you can definitely relate to a certain character here.←I think I exaggerated this part.:P Someone can be more martyr than him/her.

Status: ONGOING 9 volumes as of today
English translated version: ONGOING (volume 8 chapter 33, as of today)



Released: 2009
Artist/Author
: Watanabe Ayu
Genre: Comedy*balanced*, Romance*nods*, School Life*just a little*, Shoujo*nods*, Slice of Life*nods*

Main characters: Nishimori Aoi and Kugayama Shuusei

Nekochan's review starts now...
*semi-SPOILER ALERT!*  

For the female lead, Nishimori Aoi...has a stupid way of thinking. She always has her guard down. Nah~ I think she doesn't guard herself at all! o.O She has a strong and passionate heart. She trusts anyone easily.  Because of her curiosity, she appears like a pervert. XD











 
For the male lead, Kugayama Shuusei...is the 'prince' of their school. Wherever he goes he attracts attention. He's self conceited, selfish, and reserved. He's a carefree person and that's why most of the time Aoi's in a pinch. He's clever and a pervert. *this manga is not smut* He's a little dense too and has a strong self control.













The storyline/story:
The pace is not fast. It' s even not slow, but the progress. The concept's interesting. I like the fact that it's not a puppy love and that it's not a simple, light story.
But, there were times, while reading this, that I got bored.

The title:
'L♥DK' is catchy, right? But then, it's not an acronym of anything related to love. :P 
CMIIW
When I searched about the title, I discovered that...
"LDK is an abbreviation frequently used in the world of Japanese real estate to describe apartments. It stands for Living, Dining and Kitchen area, and is preceded by the number of rooms. Some examples are:
1K = one room apartment with kitchen
1DK = one room apartment with dining and kitchen area
1LDK = one room apartment with a living, dining and kitchen area"
source: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2207.html

Try to look at the bottom of this post, you will see all the covers of this manga from vol 1-9. All the cover's settings are in an apartment. Actually, most of the scenes here happened inside an apartment.

The Art:
It's beautiful  I like the backgrounds, the apartments, and the details. There's only 1 scene that I laughed because the drawing's not good. XD At the beginning, Shuusei always wears a poker face. I also think that his eyes lacks life. XD  But, as the story goes on, little by little, he shows more facial expressions. So, I guess that's part of the story(?)

What's in this manga common in other mangas I've read(so far, I've read 28 mangas):
Popular guy main lead

What made an impression on me:
The concept.

What else?
I like it.
I posted this on 2012-04-25 and I gave it 4/5 rating, but I changed it to 3/5 on 2012-04-27 after reading Strobe Edge, simply because there were times that I got bored while reading this.




☆ Buy L♥DK manga (in Japanese language) at Amazon.co.jp 
Just click the 'amazon.co.jp' button below each volume. 
Create an Amazon.co.jp account(tutorial)









←Special edition
THANK YOU FOR READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! ;)