Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu (review by nekochan)

Japanese: 今日、恋をはじめます
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS MANGA!
 
nekoRATING : 5/5

Status: COMPLETED 13 volumes
English translated version: ONGOING (volume 12 chapter 76, as of today)
Released: 2008
Artist/Author: Minami Kanan *I just discovered that, by this time, I already read 3 of her works*
Genre: Comedy*balanced*, Drama*nods*, Romance*nods*, School Life*nods*, Shoujo*nods*, Slice Of Life*nods*, Smut*are nods enough to say yes? XD*
Source: http://www.mangafox.me

Main characters: Tsubaki  Hibino and Kyouta Tsubaki

Nekochan's review starts now... 
*semi-SPOILER ALERT!*
For the female lead Tsubaki Hibino (since this manga has her as the protagonist, I forgot her name faster than Kyouta :P), I love her character. Simply because she's not like the usual girl character with weak personality in Shoujo mangas. Meeting someone like her in reality is not impossible(do you get me?:)). She shouts in the class, she reacts/acts fast, she doesn't just cry but fight back with words and also tells to the guy he likes whatever happened to her, even if it's not a good story to tell. Although at first, her classmates don't listen to her, but she did not end up crying and doing nothing, it's just that she was bullied at the start. :P
She's aware of sex but she's also innocent about it. Ah! Do you get that point? XD
PLUS! She's good at something. I mean, in other anime/manga, the girl doesn't really have something she likes doing/good at doing, right? - just my observation. :P Just read the manga to find it out!









For the male lead Kyouta Tsubaki is a pervert. He likes that thing, you know. He also bullied Hibino at the start by doing stuffs, like...ok, just imagine it. I HAVE TO CONTROL MYSELF FROM SAYING ALOT!!!!! But, he don't do it to her in public. Ok, just use your imagination...again. :P His character is also strong but unlike Hibino, he can control the class. People follow his commands. He's cool, smart, and popular.  BUT, he has lots of issues in life...about his family...*nekochan control control*
PLUS! He's interested at something. It's unusual so...I find it interesting. ;) Just read the manga to find it out!












The storyline: It's very good! The scenes did not happen too fast, so you can appreciate each scenes and will not say, "ah! It ended already?" or "oh! That's it?" The flow is very good and also, cute!


The drawing: Really good! Hibino's pretty and Tsubaki's handsome. :) The way their body was drawn was really good too! :D The shadows, the background, the school, the uniform...it's really good! ♥


*semi-SPOILER ALERT!*  
What's in this manga common in other mangas I've read(16 mangas, so far):
A popular guy, a normal girl, and bullies. :P


What made an impression on me (description ONLY! XD):
Of course, this was the first manga I seriously read, so the whole thing made an impression on me. :P 



What else?
They do this and that but THEY LOVE EACH OTHER. I read something like this from someone's review before I read this manga..:P
Love is everywhere! I had lots of kya~ kya~ >///< moments when I read this manga. I LOVE IT.
I think the story is not over the top EXCEPT at the start. You'll understand when you read this.Time is precious, and reading this manga was not a waste of time. But, in the end...it's my opinion.
  
The drawing's REALLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥


WARNING! Sexual harassment is present BUT this is a story made by an artist, so BE OPEN MINDED.  -I read it somewhere and I strongly AGREE. For me, sexual harassment here is mild. :P
And also, if you love being kissed or just love kisses, this manga has loads of it! ♥ ♥ ♥

This manga has OVA but it's just like reading the manga. So, just read the manga. :D 
This manga also has a live-action movie(2012).

Buy Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu manga (in Japanese language) at Amazon.co.jp
Just click the 'amazon.co.jp' button below each volume.
|How to make an Amazon.co.jp account tutorial|






I also wonder why there's volume 14. XD

2 comments:

  1. Well I don't think your description for hibino is acurate. And there's actually PLENTY of people who are as insecure as her, but in this case, not as worse as her. She's not really a good protagonist because she gets easily hurt and she's not as strong as you think. She DOES NOT voice her opinion at all so kyouto has to kind of drag it out of her.

    Kyouto should be labeled as a player who then turned better after he met Hibino. The one thing I HATE about him is he he is pretty shallow; Like hurting a girls feelings just to do what you want. At least be a gentlemen and invite her
    along and the worse thing that could happen is she saying no and nothing will be wrong ._____.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about Kyouta...Do you think I'll be weird if I say I want to find a guy like him? XD Oh no~...T^T He's still a good guy, right~? ♥ Thank you for the comment. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! ;)